Don’t let your braces keep you from cleaning your teeth properly. Although orthodontic braces can make brushing difficult, you simply have to change your style of brushing. As long as you remember to clean every exposed area of your teeth, brushing with braces can be every bit as effective as it would be without braces. Listed below are a few tips to keep your teeth clean while wearing your braces:
– Do not miss your regularly scheduled appointments with your orthodontist.
– Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
– Always rinse your mouth with water before brushing. This can loosen any debris that has gotten stuck in your braces.
– Brush your gumline at a 45-degree angle. Also be sure to brush all your teeth at the gumline and above and below the braces.
– Make sure to keep up the habit of attending your professional cleanings and oral exams with your dentist.
– Continue brushing your teeth twice a day, Also floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
Our dentist at Eby Family Dental can craft you a customized plan to determine which orthodontics treatments work best for your needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Stacey Eby, please call us at 920-563-2928 in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. Have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving!