Did you know that the foods and drinks you consume could be putting your teeth at an increased risk for dental erosion and other forms of other health ailments? In order to protect your teeth and gums from the ravages of the world, consider the following:
– Sticky and chewy foods can be hazardous to your oral health because they linger long after mealtime. The longer substances are in contact with your teeth and gums, the longer tooth decay and gum disease can manifest.
– Products that are naturally highly acidic are capable of eroding the tooth enamel and should be limited or avoided completely.
– Use caution when biting into any foods or substances that may seem tough or hard, as they are more than capable of breaking teeth.
– Never eat acidic products as snacks, but instead add them to larger meals to help counterbalance the acids.
– Sugary foods and foods with excessive amounts of carbohydrates are bad for your health and your mouth. Avoid sugary sweets and treats, as they can be converted into enamel-eating acids in your mouth that cause dental erosion.
Come see us at Eby Family Dental to learn which foods and drinks are right for you. To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Stacey Eby and our team at our office in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, simply give us a call at 920-563-2928. Thanks for visiting with a smile!