End your year on a positive note with helpful oral health care habits. The more you do to protect yourself and prevent oral accidents, the much greater your season will be. Don’t let your happy holiday turn into a holiday nightmare. Take the steps now to protect yourself all season long. Follow these simple tips to decrease the risk for holiday oral health care disasters:
– Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or facemask from dangerous outdoor activities such as skiing, sledding, hockey, and ice skating.
– Be sure to brush and floss with extra care if you enjoy holiday sweets such as chewy candy, candy canes, peppermint bark, peanut brittle, popcorn balls, or gummy sweets. Many holiday snacks can easily stick to your teeth and gums and are more difficult to remove.
– Avoid sugary drinks that seek to promote tooth decay.
– Don’t bite down on anything that can easily chip or crack teeth, such as icicles or jumbo candy canes.
– If you are looking for a great snack to enhance your smile, sugarless gum has been shown to fight against the effects of cavities when chewed for over 20 minutes after a meal.
If you have suffered from an oral accident or simply wish for a professional cleaning from our dentist at Eby Family Dental, please contact our office in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, at 920-563-2928. You can also schedule an appointment with Dr. Stacey Eby. We look forward to making your smile merry for the holidays!